Karri & Tuart Lodge
Karri and Tuart Lodge is a refurbished 110 bed Residential Care Centre located in the northern suburb of Merriwa within the picturesque streetscape of the RAAFA retirement village. The centre offers permanent, respite and secure dementia care and whilst we are proud of our heritage, you do not need to be ex-service to live at RAAFA.
Karri and Tuart Lodge has 90 generous sized single bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms as well as 20 suites. The suites consist of a living area with kitchenette, separate bedroom with generous size ensuite and small private verandah. The secure 32 bed wing for people living with dementia has single bedrooms with ensuites. Known as Jasmine House, it is surrounded by landscaped gardens, courtyards and outdoor areas to enjoy the fresh air.
All rooms have direct access to outdoor courtyards and meandering pathways that have an abundance of sunlight with gardens, birdlife and places to relax and enjoy the fresh air. Floor to ceiling windows throughout provide an abundance of natural light and lounge areas have kitchenette facilities where you can attend activities or enjoy time relaxing with family and friends.
The centre has a comprehensive activity program which includes exercise groups, physio, craft sessions, card and board games, indoor bowls, bingo and regular bus outings. Meals are cooked fresh on site with a variety of summer and winter menu choices available.
- Ensuite bathroom
- Adjustable bed
- Air Conditioning for year round comfort
- Many rooms have direct access to courtyards
- Curtains for maximum privacy
- Built in robes
- Bedside cabinets
We encourage you to bring in some of your favorite things such as your own paintings, pictures and other personal items that are important to you so that you feel at home when you join us at RAAFA.
Like all RAAFA Residential Care Centres, Karri & Tuart Lodge has a wide range of amenities free of any extra charges.
- Individualised care complimented by excellent quality hospitality services
- Registered Nurse on site 24 hours a day, 7 days per week
- Allied health services (Occupational Therapist, Physio Therapist onsite), contracted Speech Pathologist, dietitian and podiatrist
- Separate dining areas with cooked meals prepared on site
- Homely, comfortable and modern well-appointed lounge areas
- Light, airy communal activity rooms
- Attractive gardens and courtyards
- Multi-faith services available and chapel within estate grounds
- Foxtel and Wi-Fi available throughout the facility
While some amenities are provided at affordable rates.
- Hairdressing services
- Medical services
- Additional allied health services (eg. for rehabilitation)
|Category||Refundable Payment||Daily payment||50/50 Split Combination Payment|
|1||$395,000||$43.40||$197,500 + $21.70 / day|
|2||$525,000||$57.68||$262,500 + $28.84 / day|
|1||$250,000||$27.47||$125,000 + $13.73 / day|
|2||$375,000||$41.20||$187,500 + $20.60 / day|
|3||$400,000||$43.95||$200,000 + $21.97 / day|
|4||$450,000||$49.44||$225,000 + $24.72 / day|
|1||$300,000||$32.96||$150,000 + $16.48 / day|
|2||$450,000||$49.44||$225,000 + $24.72 / day|
|3||$500,000||$55.93||$250,000 + $27.47 / day|
|4||$550,000||$60.42||$275,000 + $30.21 / day|
*As at 1 April 2021
Karri and Tuart Lodge
RAAFA Estate Merriwa
19 Hughie Edwards Drive, Merriwa WA 6030
T: (08) 9400 3800
F: (08) 9400 3888