Residential Aged Care Guidance and Updates
Guided by the Australian Government, RAAFA’s actions in response to the key government directives for Residential Aged Care are:
- From 1 May 2020 RAAFA will recommence visits to our Residential Care homes with caution and strongly recommend that you do not visit, unless absolutely essential. Please check with the facility for full guidelines
- Visiting hours Monday to Sunday 10.30am to 11.30am
- Up to 2 visitors at one time, twice a week
- Please contact the facility during office hours 9am to 4pm weekdays, to book your visit
- Anybody who has not been vaccinated against influenza by 1 May 2020 will not be able to enter the facility
Retirement Living Guidance and Updates
- As advised by the Government, anyone returning from overseas or interstate must self-isolate for 14 days. If you recently returned from overseas or interstate or have been in contact with people who have recently travelled overseas, please advise the Estate Manager as soon as possible.
- Avoid high risk situations such as large gatherings and meetings. Unfortunately, as a precautionary measure this will result in cancellations of meetings and events on site.
- Administration, reception and resident support services will be available via phone or email or drop the appropriate form or note in our letterbox.
- Do not enter any of the estate buildings if you have any signs of illness, including fever, cough, shortness of breath or a sore throat and seek medical attention.
- Wash your hands:
- before entering the estate;
- before and after touching another person;
- before and after handling food; and
- before leaving the estate.
- Refrain from touching, hugging or kissing other people if you are not feeling well.
- We strongly recommend that residents do not have visitors to the estate unless absolutely necessary.
- Access to all communal areas and facilities has been closed.
- We request that no children under the age of 16 visit the estate.
- As advised by the Government, we recommend that people over the age of 70 stay at home as much as possible.
- Central Support Office services are available via phone or email
- RAAFA Connect offers modified services and are available via phone or email to discuss
- Unfortunately our beloved Aviation Heritage Museum is closed
Thank you for your assistance and patience in adhering to these measures. We appreciate these measures are stringent, however they will greatly assist RAAFA to protect the health and wellbeing of our residents, staff and community.
Please visit www.health.gov.au
for further information or contact National Coronavirus Help Line on 1800 020 080