1 May 2022
Following the recent State Government announcement that some of our public health measures will ease from 12.01am Friday, 29 April 2022 it is timely to remember that we need to remain vigilant and continue to regularly wash or sanitize our hands and maintain appropriate social distancing.
Please do not visit or enter any RAAFA facilities if you currently, or within the last 7 days, have been unwell with any of the following symptoms:
- A fever of 37.5 degrees or above,
- A recent history of fever, or
- Symptoms of acute respiratory infection (including, but not without limitation, shortness of breath, a cough or sore throat) or
- Loss of smell and taste
At all entry points to RAAFA facilities you will be asked to undertake a health screening process, and show proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
Please check www.wa.gov.au and follow the relevant testing and quarantine instructions.
Residential Aged Care Guidance and Updates
Guidelines for visiting a RAAFA Residential Aged Care centre includes:
- Visiting hours are Monday to Sunday 10am to 5pm (specific requests outside these times will be considered)
- Visits limited to 2 visitors per resident per day
- Wear a mask when visiting
- Take your temperature when you arrive, if you are ≥37.5°C please do not enter the facility, go home and get tested
- Do not visit if you are feeling unwell
- Do not visit if you are a close contact of a confirmed COVID-19 case
- Observe social distancing and practice healthy hygiene habits
- Visitors to Residential Aged Care are requested to self-test using a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) prior to visiting a facility. Tests are available at most pharmacies and shops, however should you have difficulty obtaining a test, one will be made available at the facility.
- Visitors to Residential Aged Care are required to have an up to date influenza vaccination (written proof required) to enter the facility
- Visitors to Residential Aged Care are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccinations to enter the facility
Retirement Living Guidance and Updates
- No restrictions in place
- RAAFA Connect continues to offer all services and are available via phone or email.
- Full Central Support Office services are available via phone or email.
Thank you for your assistance and patience. At RAAFA, our focus is on keeping our residents and staff safe because we care.
* Based on Government direction the above information may change.