According to residents at RAAFA's Merriwa Estate, the retirement living community is the place to enjoy the second half of life.
Consisting of 234 two bedroom and six three bedroom retirement living units, a 78 bed residential aged care centre, with an additional 32 beds coming online in September.
Significantly, 'Merriwa' is an Aboriginal word meaning 'a good place', which many residents say is completely appropriate given the many lifestyle benefits of living in the community.
There are some many different activities happening on the estate, whatever your interests, the chances are that you'll be able to continue your hobbies, as well as finding new ones.
One resident explained that you can be as sociable or as quiet as you want to be, while at the same time having the peace of mind of 24 hour security. "I'm a very sociable person, but you can basically do whatever you want to here, there is no pressure at all", she said.
"I just love it here and would recommend it to anyone."
- BBQ facilities and meeting areas within the beautiful landscaped gardens.
- RAAFA Club providing full bar services, affordable meals and function rooms.
- A Welfare Officer is available on site to provide links to home services and health and well-being activities and events.
- Estate Bus available for local shopping and outings.
- There are also 5 short stay accommodation units that can be used by visiting family and friends.
- Caravan and Boat parking facilities to suit the lock up and leave nomad lifestyle.
- Home to Karri & Tuart Lodge. For more detail see the Residential Care section on the website.
- Joondalup Hospital is only 15 minutes south of the village.
- A full-time doctor operates a surgery located in the village.
- Quinns Centre Pharmacy provides a pick up and delivery service for pharmaceutical requirements.
- Chiropractic and podiatry services available on the Estate by visiting practitioners.
- Indoor therapeutic pool.
Like all RAAFA retirement estates RAAFA Merriwa Estate has a wide range of amenities at the disposal of residents, and free of any extra charges.
There are a number of groups for hobby activities including craft, workshop, mahjong, tai chi and more.
Units from $275,000 to $299,000
Located in the northern suburb of Merriwa, 37km north of Perth, just off the major arterial road Marmion Avenue and only 2km from Cambrai Village.
11km to Joondalup which caters for all your shopping, restaurant and entertainment needs and only 38min to Perth city by train from the nearby station.
For those who love the ocean, it is a short 2km drive to beautiful beaches.
View Our Virtual Tour
To view the virtual tour, click on the image and it will open in a new window. Instructions will load automatically.
Please note that the landscape (horizontal) mode is best when viewing on mobile devices.
RAAFA Merriwa Estate
19 Hughie Edwards Dve, Merriwa, WA, 6030
T: (08) 9400 3400
F: (08) 9400 3699