Congratulation to the teams at Meadow Springs Estate and Erskine Grove on their successful Lifemark certification.
Lifemark certification is the compliance with the 26 standards for the Property Council of Australia: Lifemark Village Scheme. This audit comprises a self- assessment and a site visit to meet with residents, staff and review all documentation and ongoing internal quality assurance.
A lot of work goes into preparing for these audits and we send a big thank you to all involved.
The Lifemark Village Scheme
- Provides an independent check that retirement living communities are being operated in accordance with high service standards.
- Allows retirement village operators to systematically identify risks to their operation and reputation in the market, and to constructively manage those risks.
- Provides a tool to build village brand prestige and attract prospective residents, and to help differentiate accredited villages from non-accredited competitors.
- Promotes continual improvement and ensure business processes are constantly being reviewed and refined to ensure effectiveness and efficiency.
- Assure current and potential retirement village residents about the quality management and services on offer in a retirement living community.
RAAFA commenced the accreditation process in 2016 with Head Office, Cambrai Village and Air Force Memorial Estate, and this latest accreditation was part of the 18 month surveillance assessment. Further reviews will be conducted early next year at Amity Village Albany and Merriwa Estate.