Answers to your Frequently Asked Questions

A person must have significant care needs that cannot be appropriately met at home. The Aged Care Assessment team (ACAT) will make this determination, however, we may not be able to meet the care needs of all prospective residents. ACAT's are located at all Government hospitals.

An ACAT assessment is a compulsory requirement for admission into residential care, for either permanent or respite care. You will be provided with an Aged Care Client Record (ACCR).

If you live on your own and feel you're unable to look after yourself or you or your carer need a break, this type of break is called 'respite care'. We will look after you for a short while, in an Raafawa Aged Care residence. Respite specific information can be obtained from the Commonwealth Carelink Centre (1800 052 222).

Please see our Fees & Charges page for a breakdown on the costs